9.11.12

DIY Gelly Polish

Hi Tory,

jelly has always fascinated me

Our Auntie Jan introduced me to the joys of jelly cubes - not making jelly, but actually eating the raw cubes on their own. (And for our American cousins, when I say "jelly", I mean Jello, not jam. And Jello comes in powder form, so you'll have to use your imagination!) I've now passed this particular fetish on to your lovely niece CJ, who will quite happily munch her way through an entire packet of Sainsbury's strawberry jelly cubes without blinking.

Jelly has always fascinated me - bright colours that are still see-through without losing any of the punch. You've probably spotted the trend for gelly polishes, as just about every company now has a range of them. (Barry M have just launched theirs as I write this.) Gelly polishes are sheer, punchy with pigment, and very glossy - and they work extremely well in nail art when you want to layer colours or sandwich glitter in suspension (called, not surprisingly, a Gelly Sandwich). And, I have no idea why you eat Jelly with a J, but paint your nails with Gelly with a G. Answers on a postcard please.

So, what if you have a favourite nail polish and you'd like to gellify it? Or, you have a whole bunch of leftover odds and bits of polish that you'd like to extend the life of? Making your own gelly polish is really simple - the proportion is 75% clear polish to 25% colour polish, mixed vigorously and with gusto, preferably to something like the Miami Sound Machine or very loud disco. I digress. I made up a batch of the Cadbury's purple polish in the video for a forthcoming tutorial... Batman fans take note. ;)

Products Used

  • NYC In a New York Color Minute in Grand Central Station
  • NYC In a New York Color Minute in Prince Street
  • Spare, empty nail polish bottle
  • Total Cost = £3.58
  • Prices based on what I paid for the whole look from scratch, and correct at the time of posting

Hugs and kisses,
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...