26.4.13

The Future of the Blog and Channel

Hey everyone,

This post has taken me a while to write properly because after around 18 months of doing Makeup Tips For My Sister and building up an audience, I suddenly realised that I wasn't sure where I was going with it. Initially it started out as a way to connect with my real-life sister, but that didn't really work out, and then it evolved into connecting with spiritual sisters in the form of friends and fellow makeup lovers... but I feel like my skills don't match my expectations.

PULLQUOTE

And please don't get me wrong - this post isn't a plea for validation or anything like that. I've just found it increasingly stressful to come up with tutorial ideas, knowing that there are a wealth of better informed and better presented tutorials out there. Also, in the meantime, my art has suffered as the demand for videos and blog posts for makeup increased... and art is my sanity. Not a good combination.

Having built up both the blog and the YouTube channel, I didn't want to just completely abandon everything and move on. I still love makeup and I still want to get better at doing it - I just need a little less pressure at this point in my life, and a little more direction as to why I'm currently doing it. This is where my wonderful daughter comes in. CJ asked me a question about brushes today - she's at the beginning stages of getting into makeup experimentation - and we talked about me helping her out and so on.

She came up with a solution. From now on, until I get my confidence and skills up and get better equipment and more time to spend doing such things to the standard that I'd like to do them, I'm going to be teaching my daughter how to use makeup, and as and when she asks me, I'll do a post or a video or both and share it with all of you. It won't necessarily be a regular thing, and there won't be many of them, but they will pop up and hopefully help some people. Here's to the next phase. xxx

Hugs and kisses,
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Makeup Tips for Workplace from UK Makeup Artist

    ReplyDelete

  2. شركة المثالية للتنظيف - المثالية للتنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية تسعد بتقديم خدماتها المتميزة للتنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات بالمنطقة الشرقية فتعد الشركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام والخبر والقطيف والجبيل والاحساء وسيهات وجدة
    اتصل الان واحصل علي خدمات شركة المثالية بخصم 50% لجميع خدماتها الاتية

    المثالية للتنظيف
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

    المثالية
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف

    اذا اردتم التعامل مع شركة المثالية للنظافة الشاملة بالمنطقة الشرقية تواصلوا معنا علي وسوف تحصلون علي خدمة لائقة باسعار مناسبة فتعد اسعار المثالية للتنظيف رخيصة ومناسبة لجميع عملائه

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, thank you so much that you sharing, in my job I like sharing information what I know, read https://www.facefigurati.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...