I thought I'd follow on from my earlier tip of the blush blend by doing a similar technique of the skin blend. The skin blend differs in that you're trying to achieve a seamless blend between either a bold or a dark colour and your actual skin tone.
This differs from the blush blend which is all about warming the look up and toning it with the rest of your makeup. The trick with the skin blend is to use a fairly matte colour that more or less matches your skin tone, and do a two step process: base + skin, and then just skin. Hope this helps!
- Apply your base colour all over the moveable lid
- On a clean blending brush pick up a small amount of your base colour (A) and an equal amount of a colour that matches your skin tone (B)
- Apply this in the crease to make a transition colour on the edge of your base colour
- Now apply just the skin tone colour with a blending brush slightly above the crease
- The finished look with the fuzzy transition from your base colour to your skin tone!
Hugs and kisses,