I will confess - I've resisted the £20 Makeup Challenge (originally the $20 Makeup Challenge, so with the exchange rate we come off a little better), mainly because I couldn't quite get my head around the concept. It's rather like those riddle stories, like the one where you're in the jungle and you have to get three cannonballs over a rope bridge that will only support you and two cannonballs, and you're being chased by warriors, etc. You juggle the cannonballs and thus you are only holding two at any given time. Fair enough - but why do I need to do any of this in the first place and who the hell can juggle cannonballs?
Here's the premise for the challenge - you have gone on holiday and the airport staff have lost ALL of your makeup, and you only have £20 to replace the whole face routine including brushes.
So what I had a problem with was a) I carry my day makeup in my handbag so presumably the airport staff wrestled the bag away from me, b) if I'm on holiday why have I only got £20 to spend on makeup, and c) what mythical country am I in where I can purchase any brand and/or have Internet items delivered in ten minutes? I may be obsessing a little here, but my Asperger's resisted the tutorial for the longest time. I have suspended my disbelief long enough to put something together for my poverty-stricken, bruise-covered holiday to AmeriEuropasia.
A sidenote: when are Superdrug going to start selling ELF? I demand to know.
- MUA Professional BB Cream in Medium Shade 2
- MUA Professional Palette in Glamour Nights
- MUA Professional Palette in Dusk Til Dawn
- MUA Professional Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Yummy
- MUA Professional Every Lash Mascara in Black
- NYC Lipstick in 410 Plum Rum
- ELF Professional Blending Eye Brush
- Prices based on what I paid for the whole look from scratch, and correct at the time of posting
Hugs and kisses,