I first found out about Collection 2000's Glam Crystal eyeliners through a Pixiwoo video for the look that Leona Lewis wore to the X Factor. So much glittery joy that I just had to rush out and buy some the next day - and I snapped up Rock Star (a deep black), Le Freak (an amazing teal) and Hustle (a multicolored silver).
Glam Crystals are full of really fine glitter that you can build up, so you can either use them as straight eyeliners for a pop of sparkle on your eye, or fill in areas for a huge amount of shine. But... they're a lot more versatile than that.
I've been wanting to try the Glitter Half Moon look for a while, but even with templates and masking off have found it incredibly difficult to get the colour on in such a small and defined space without messing up in some way. I needed something with a small brush that also had maximum impact colour and glamour wise... eureka!
Like I say in the directions, make sure that you use the brush flat and with a patting motion - if you try and draw on your shiny painted nails the brush will slip and drag and wipe the glitter back off. You can also build coats up for the density that you want. Make sure to include a top coat to guard against knocks and chips and you're good to go!
- Paint a base coat of black nail polish and let dry thoroughly
- Using the Glam Crystals brush flat on its side and with a patting motion cover the cuticle edge of the nail and let dry
- Using the same principle mirror an arc above this and let that dry
- Fill the moon in with the Glam Crystals and let dry (you can also do additional touch ups if you have any bald spots)
- Finish with a clear top coat
- MUA Nail Polish in Shade 2
- Collection 2000 Glam Crystals in Hustle
- NYC In a New York Color Minute in Grand Central Station
- Prices based on what I paid for the whole look from scratch, and correct at the time of posting
Hugs and kisses,