You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn't know who Raquel Welch is. Her legend certainly loomed large throughout my 60s childhood and 70s adolescence and even at the age of 70something she shows no signs of either slowing down or letting go of the Sex Goddess mantle.
I like the fact that she has linebacker shoulders like me and yet still manages to look uber-feminine and glamorous (and appearing in a totally kick ass roller derby movie before roller derby movies were totally kick ass doesn't hurt either). Her makeup style - something she's stuck with but updated as she's gone along - is sculpted and neutral, so perfect for just about anyone.
She was never ultra matte 60s or super shiny 70s, but managed to straddle a line halfway between the two, and has a really interesting modification on the kitten flick where the line is pretty much straight and yet still manages to make her eyes look curved and feline.
That's a heck of a makeup artist there! I put a bit of sheen in with a base shadow and a lipgloss but kept everything else matte and blended. It's a timeless look!
- MUA Professional Palette in Dusk Til Dawn
- Sleek i-Divine Palette in Oh So Special
- Collection 2000 Eye Definer in Brown
- Collection 2000 Big Fake Lash Mascara in Black
- MUA Pro-Brow Kit
- MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in Blossom
- MUA Lipstick in Shade 14 Bare
- MUA Out There Plumping Lip Gloss in Nude
- Elite Lip Pencil in 06 Brown (no longer available)
- Prices based on what I paid for the whole look from scratch (and includes full price of any palettes used), and correct at the time of posting
Hugs and kisses,